Work with Trados and needs to deliver SDLx
Inițiatorul discuției: Galit
Galit
Galit
engleză
Oct 14, 2004

I have both Trados 5 and SDLX 2004.
I prefer working with Trados, but my customer demand SDLX.
Can I still work with Trados and when completing the work convert to SDLX and deliver?

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:01
din germană în portugheză
+ ...
You could... Oct 14, 2004

Hi,
you could make the job with Trados at the end export the TM and import in SDLX and make a fuzzy translation. But the segmentation can be different and therefore it is possible that this solution is not working very smooth, which means it is possible that you have to do the job nearly twice....
Good luck,
Natália

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 10:01
din spaniolă în engleză
+ ...
Save as ttx Oct 14, 2004

Galit wrote:

I have both Trados 5 and SDLX 2004.
I prefer working with Trados, but my customer demand SDLX.
Can I still work with Trados and when completing the work convert to SDLX and deliver?

Have you tried saving the trados file in .ttx format and the opening it with SDLX?

I often receive .ttx files created with SDLX. I translate them with Trados and then the client opens them with SDLX.

Regards,
Ricardo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work with Trados and needs to deliver SDLx

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »