Thu Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 09:20
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 4, 2021

Hello,

I use facebook to networking my translation. I'm not sure how many of you here advertise your translation services via facebook. But yesterday I could not log in to my account and today when I checked news I found that this incident occured globally. Please share whether you encounter this incident in your country, if you are in America please let us know what the real problem is. All my friends contacts and many valuable information of mine are posted on Facebook so if I los
... See more
Hello,

I use facebook to networking my translation. I'm not sure how many of you here advertise your translation services via facebook. But yesterday I could not log in to my account and today when I checked news I found that this incident occured globally. Please share whether you encounter this incident in your country, if you are in America please let us know what the real problem is. All my friends contacts and many valuable information of mine are posted on Facebook so if I lost it I would feel a bit sorry.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Collapse

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 05:20
English to Romanian
Down Oct 4, 2021

Facebook, Whatsapp, and Instagram are down all over the world.
I'm from Romania, same issue going on for hours.

Liviu-Lee Roth

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:20
English to French
+ ...
Why do you think we know more than you if we live in the USA? Oct 4, 2021

I learned about the FB failure (also involving IG, Messenger and Whats'App) around 1 pm EDT here on the East Coast, while listening to a French radio station, for crying out loud.

A check of downdetector.com confirmed the outage. FB spokespersons have confirmed an issue with their network.

If history of past giant outages is any help, that's all which will be known until the outage is repaired. Also, return to normal operation will be announced while tons of users still
... See more
I learned about the FB failure (also involving IG, Messenger and Whats'App) around 1 pm EDT here on the East Coast, while listening to a French radio station, for crying out loud.

A check of downdetector.com confirmed the outage. FB spokespersons have confirmed an issue with their network.

If history of past giant outages is any help, that's all which will be known until the outage is repaired. Also, return to normal operation will be announced while tons of users still report outages. No detailed technical reason will be given. Conspiracy theories about various hackers and/or countries which allegedly support, or employ them, will proliferate (they have already started).

Do you need anything else?

J L
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Thu Nguyen
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Wait and see Oct 4, 2021

Yes, I agree with the assumption about technical issues like cable broken due to actions by Mother Earth like storms. In Vietnam for several recent days we received short but heavy rains...

All we have to do now is to wait, see, and pray, pray for this time of pandemic passing by and our life get back to normal.

Thanks very much for your thoughts sharing and ideas contribution.

Please keep contact and exchange information until the problem is over.
... See more
Yes, I agree with the assumption about technical issues like cable broken due to actions by Mother Earth like storms. In Vietnam for several recent days we received short but heavy rains...

All we have to do now is to wait, see, and pray, pray for this time of pandemic passing by and our life get back to normal.

Thanks very much for your thoughts sharing and ideas contribution.

Please keep contact and exchange information until the problem is over.

Regards,
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:20
English to Russian
RE: Why do you think we know more than you if we live in the USA Oct 4, 2021

Why do you think Thu Nguyen is asking those who live in the USA? There are other countries apart from USA. And everybody knows how powerful the Russian hackers are.

[Edited at 2021-10-04 20:08 GMT]

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
Because he did Oct 4, 2021

" if you are in America..."

Yes, there are other countries than the USA in "America". In real life, in the real world, "America" means "USA."

Stepan Konev wrote:

Why do you think Thu Nguyen is asking those who live in the USA?

Nan Jia
Nan Jia
Australia
Facebook problem Oct 5, 2021

Facebook is down all over the world.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Facebook issue Oct 5, 2021

In the United States we tend to sneer at Facebook, but here is an article on the wider effect of the outage:
https://www.pcmag.com/news/facebooks-outage-was-no-laughing-matter-outside-the-us

Thu Nguyen
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
The problem was fixed. Thanks all! Oct 6, 2021

Actually I only experienced this outage of Facebook only one day.
Now, it came back to normal.
Thanks very much peers all over the world.
I will reopen my post when I experience it again in the future.
Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Facebook problem

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »