Survey: Subtitler opinions on a new method for requesting briefing from clients
Thread poster: Hugh Nettelbeck
Hugh Nettelbeck
Hugh Nettelbeck
Australia
Japanese to English
Feb 14, 2023

Professional subtitlers, are you satisfied with the briefing materials and information you receive before a job? Would more information be helpful? I’m conducting doctoral research at Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) investigating the feasibility of a new approach to communication between subtitlers and their clients during the pre-translation stage. Your opinions are critically important.

I would greatly appreciate your participation in the survey linked below. It takes r
... See more
Professional subtitlers, are you satisfied with the briefing materials and information you receive before a job? Would more information be helpful? I’m conducting doctoral research at Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) investigating the feasibility of a new approach to communication between subtitlers and their clients during the pre-translation stage. Your opinions are critically important.

I would greatly appreciate your participation in the survey linked below. It takes roughly 15-20 minutes to complete:

https://monash.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6tfsWBcHvxMj2Qe

Participants should have completed paid subtitling work. All responses will be anonymous.

If you have any queries, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks for your help,
Hugh Nettelbeck
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Survey Feb 14, 2023

I have completed your survey. But it feels like I've answered the exact same questionnaire before. Hmmm...

I really need to stop messing around with space-time continuum. It is doing me no good.

[Edited at 2023-02-14 13:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey: Subtitler opinions on a new method for requesting briefing from clients

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »