Thread poster: Nina Snoj
Hisyam Muhammad
Hisyam Muhammad
Malaysia
Local time: 07:52
English to Malay
+ ...
Definitely cannot Feb 8, 2007

It is impossible.. however u need to buddy with your friend in your own country who has account in the country where they can send/receive money to/from their Paypal account..
i.e. I'm Malaysian and I have a friend (also Malaysian) who has a bank account in Singapore (Paypal approved countries) so, she can simply transfer over the money to my bank account.. Malaysia Boleh!

Péter Kovács
Péter Kovács
Hungary
Local time: 01:52
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Maybe a solution Mar 5, 2007

Hi everyone,

I've had the same problem, and just recently I managed to find a (none too safe) solution. Certain online bookmakers do accept Paypal payments, and some of them even allow withdrawals using other payment methods, moneybookers for example. It is of course a bit queer maneuvre, and I wouldn't want to advise anyone to engage in such practice, but as I've been active in online sports betting anyway, I thought I'd try. I deposited the money into my online bookie's account (b
... See more
Hi everyone,

I've had the same problem, and just recently I managed to find a (none too safe) solution. Certain online bookmakers do accept Paypal payments, and some of them even allow withdrawals using other payment methods, moneybookers for example. It is of course a bit queer maneuvre, and I wouldn't want to advise anyone to engage in such practice, but as I've been active in online sports betting anyway, I thought I'd try. I deposited the money into my online bookie's account (bwin.com, to be exact), had it there for a while, placed some bets not to arouse anyone's suspicion, and the withdrawal to moneybookers went as smoothly as it can get. So, this is one method, be it a bit twisted... Again, don't take it as an advice!

All the best,
Peter
Collapse

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 09:52
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dangerous....for me! Mar 6, 2007

Hi Peter,

You're right, that is a possible solution and I would have never thought of that. I guess "nothing is impossible":)

I definitely won't be trying it though because knowing me, I'd have so much fun placing the odd bet here and there that by the time it came to withdraw the money, there'd be none left!

Best,
Mark

toxxxicty
toxxxicty
French to Spanish
+ ...
you could do this Nov 2, 2007

Hi! you could tranfer money from your account paypal to moneybooker or moneybooker to paypal it's simple enough to do. it will cost you 6% of the amount. for doing this you must created an account in the website viamoney and with this account you could transfer money fron account to account on the net it's really simple to use.

AnnieAnne
AnnieAnne  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
English to French
PayPal Nov 12, 2007

Nina Snoj wrote:

I guess it isn't even possible, but if anyone has ever done it, I would really like to know more about it.
Thank you!

Well, the only way to do it would be to open the link between your bank and paypal and your bank and moneybookers. I did it and it is the only way. Even more when my bank decided to open itself to paypal (I am not sure if it is open to moneybookers). So what I did was :
Transfered Moneybookers into bank account and then send it to paypal from my bank account.

It is pretty safe for me. I meet with the Director of the bank (yup, I was worry) before doing it and they have reliable way to protect me.

[email protected]
Canada

Amira El-Wattar
Amira El-Wattar  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:52
Arabic to English
+ ...
I see a lot of Egyptians having PayPal as their methode of payment Nov 12, 2007

How do you do that???
I just asked that question a while ago in another topic but no one answered.....
I have the same problem ...I need to open a PP account and my country is not listed... so how are you Egyptians out there doing it????

sebastien burvenich
sebastien burvenich  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
maybe a solution Aug 19, 2008

Hi,

I've found this site, maybe it's a solution for the paypal-moneybookers issue. It seems rather expensive 11% from Paypal to moneybookers... I never tried this site, so I do not know if it is a scam or not... (+ your accounts need to be verified)

http://www.virtualchange.net/content/view/13/29/

[Edited at 2008-08-19 13:31]

dong zhang
dong zhang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:52
English to Chinese
+ ...
MB is better than PP Sep 30, 2008

Chinese Concept wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something but Paypal and Moneybookers both work the same way. If you receive money into one you can withdraw it to your bank account. Why would you want to transfer funds between the two?

If it's because Paypal doesn't work in your country then what difference would it make if you could transfer between the two anyway. You'd have to have an account with each in the first place in order to make a transfer.

It seems the issue here is that Moneybookers works in more countries than Paypal does, but clients prefer to use Paypal rather than Moneybookers.

I guess the only solution until Paypal spreads to more countries or more clients open accounts with Moneybookers is to resort to the good old wire transfer / Western Union etc.

Best wishes,
Mark

Hello Friend,

MoneyBookers got a lower transfer fee or commission charge than Paypal, especially some large withdraw operations, for example, some days ago, I withdrawed 300$ from MoneyBookers, the commission charge is just 20RMB directly to my bank account, meanwhile if I work in the PayPal, the fee is far more than this, however, I must retain the money in the paypal till more than 1,000$ above, only in this way, I could save the commistion fee but you know the Chinese Yuan is increasing in value (what a bad news), meanwhile the transfer speed for MB is better than PP. In China maybe MB is a better choice if you clients willing to send to MB.

PayPal -> Moneybookers.com is hard because legal difference Aug 21, 2010

PayPal -> Moneybookers.com is hard because legal difference

PayPal claims the right to debit an account "at any time, with any amount, for any reason" if not both, payer and receiver, are located in USA or Canada (read additional term of PayPal)

in opposite, moneybooker.com system is "claimed funds sent never are refundable w/o reeiver's agreement" (because this, also online gambling is able by moneybookers.com, but not by PayPal)

Because this, and because
... See more
PayPal -> Moneybookers.com is hard because legal difference

PayPal claims the right to debit an account "at any time, with any amount, for any reason" if not both, payer and receiver, are located in USA or Canada (read additional term of PayPal)

in opposite, moneybooker.com system is "claimed funds sent never are refundable w/o reeiver's agreement" (because this, also online gambling is able by moneybookers.com, but not by PayPal)

Because this, and because the different legal basics for Creditcard in USA and UK (moneybookers.com legal location), in most cases you cannot use the PayPal Creditcard to fund a moneybookers.com account.

The only way is via VISA card. You need to fund your VISA (maybe a prapayed or a regular CC), get the card accepted by moneybookers.com (they send a small amount to your VISA and you need to confirm that), and then you can fund your moneybookers.com if you don't prefer another option shown at https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees

All private exchangers got closed within short time, so using a private exchanger is with high risk, if available any.
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 06:52
English to Thai
+ ...
Google search results and clever use of credit card? Aug 21, 2010

sebastien burvenich wrote:
I've found this site, maybe it's a solution for the paypal-moneybookers issue. It seems rather expensive 11% from Paypal to moneybookers... I never tried this site, so I do not know if it is a scam or not... (+ your accounts need to be verified)
http://www.virtualchange.net/content/view/13/29/

I did Google search and met with many similar agencies for the service above. They collect expensive amounts. I did another way: Withdraw the amout from my PayPal account to my bank account. Credit my credit card with that amount. Deposit that amount to Moneybookers. I paid only fractions of the fee for my credit card usage with PayPal and Moneybookers.

Best regards,

transfer money from PayPal to Moneybookers Mar 7, 2011

I did Google search and met with many similar agencies for the service above. They collect expensive amounts. I did another way: Withdraw the amout from my PayPal account to my bank account. Credit my credit card with that amount. Deposit that amount to Moneybookers. I paid only fractions of the fee for my credit card usage with PayPal and Moneybookers.

Best regards,

But sometimes it's not possible, because paypal doesn't support withdrawing in some countries etc.
In this case the only solution is an exchanger site, like http://absolutechange.net/

[Edited at 2011-03-07 00:52 GMT]

PayPalHater47
PayPalHater47
Any news? Nov 5, 2011

Howdy to all! Anything new on converting PayPal to Moneybookers?
I need it desperatly and tried everythin that was offered here - nothing seems to work anyway.

Bwin.com seemd like good idea, but don't accepting PayPal in my country either.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to transfer money from PayPal to Moneybookers

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »