Anyone use S-pen devices for notetaking on interpreting jobs?
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Nov 4, 2023

If yes, which ones and how satisfied are you?

I was considering trying it, but the ones I have don't seem quite right for the job:

Old Note 9 phone - probably too small
Tab S7+ - seems too big and bulky at 12.4" and 575g, plus it's my main home device

Though about buying a Samsung S6 Lite 2022 - currently for $224, seems about right at 10.4" and 420g. Anyone ever use that one? Is S-pen quality and performance and stuff like palm rejection comparable t
... See more
If yes, which ones and how satisfied are you?

I was considering trying it, but the ones I have don't seem quite right for the job:

Old Note 9 phone - probably too small
Tab S7+ - seems too big and bulky at 12.4" and 575g, plus it's my main home device

Though about buying a Samsung S6 Lite 2022 - currently for $224, seems about right at 10.4" and 420g. Anyone ever use that one? Is S-pen quality and performance and stuff like palm rejection comparable to flagship products on that cheapie?

Any other good alternatives for a dedicated notetaking tablet? Rival brands?

Imho an ideal device would be ~9" and 350-400g with its own dedicated pressure-sensitive and multifunctional stylus (N-trig or Wacom tech).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Collapse

Tatyana Peruzzi
Tatyana Peruzzi  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:51
Member (2022)
English to Russian
+ ...
S7 Tab is fine. Other option - Rocketbook Jan 19

For home settings the S7 Tab works perfectly fine. Just try it if you have it already.
For onsite assignments I heard a lot of positive feedback regarding Rocketbook - a reusable notebook.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone use S-pen devices for notetaking on interpreting jobs?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »