Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 23, 2003

Hello all,

I am curious to hear from colleagues with experience in the field of voiceover supervision as to what would be a reasonable scale of hourly rates for that type of work.

In the past I have done plenty of voiceover supervision, and set what I considered reasonable rates. However, unlike with translation rates, I have never had a chance to compare notes with other colleagues.

I would appreciate any feedback you might be able to provide.

... See more
Hello all,

I am curious to hear from colleagues with experience in the field of voiceover supervision as to what would be a reasonable scale of hourly rates for that type of work.

In the past I have done plenty of voiceover supervision, and set what I considered reasonable rates. However, unlike with translation rates, I have never had a chance to compare notes with other colleagues.

I would appreciate any feedback you might be able to provide.

Cheers,
Susana
Collapse

Linda Mikačić
Linda Mikačić
Local time: 06:50
English to Croatian
+ ...
voiceover rate Jun 24, 2003

Hi Susana,
According to the AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists), the first hour of voiceover is paid $346 and $101 for ea additional half-hour. At least that's what I got a year ago. You should check AFTRA's website and see the newest rates for supervision. Also, not every agency or company is a Union member, therefore their prices need not be the same...
HTH,
Linda

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No rates mentioned Jul 8, 2003

Linda Mika�i� wrote:

Hi Susana,
According to the AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists), the first hour of voiceover is paid $346 and $101 for ea additional half-hour. At least that's what I got a year ago. You should check AFTRA's website and see the newest rates for supervision. Also, not every agency or company is a Union member, therefore their prices need not be the same...
HTH,
Linda

Thanks for the suggestion, Linda. I do not see any rates mentioned for supervision, only those corresponding to the voiceover talent. Am I missing something?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

voiceover supervision rates

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »