jssco90
jssco90
United States
Local time: 00:31
French to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2020

Hello,

I have been tasked with translating the subtitles of a video. The client has sent me the SRT file. As I do not wish to reinsert the time codes, I would like to know, how could I extract both the subtitles and time code information from the srt file? When converting it to a text or doc, the TC info is not included.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Italy
Local time: 06:31
English to Italian
+ ...
This one was easy :) Sep 21, 2020

The best way to handle and translate subtitles is of course within a subtitling environment and pro software, but to answer your question in this particular case you just have to change the file extension from SRT to TXT

Good luck

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
Extracting subtitles WITH timecode info Sep 22, 2020

Stephen Scott wrote:

Hello,

I have been tasked with translating the subtitles of a video. The client has sent me the SRT file. As I do not wish to reinsert the time codes, I would like to know, how could I extract both the subtitles and time code information from the srt file? When converting it to a text or doc, the TC info is not included.

Any help would be appreciated.

That is quite interesting and at the same time difficult, I wish you get some relevant answers here.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extracting subtitles WITH timecode info

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »