Free online resource for providing in-house termbase?
Thread poster: Rita Translator
Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:22
German to English
Feb 29, 2020

Is anyone aware of freeware or relatively low-cost proprietary software (managed either online or locally and then made available online) to provide a termbase as a resource within a company? We use the memoQ server right now but might need to cut costs and I'm looking for a possible alternative. I need it to be searchable and for company members to be able to access it easily (without needing to register).

Thanks for any suggestions!

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:22
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
EvoTerm or DokuWiki Feb 29, 2020

Rita Translator wrote:

Is anyone aware of freeware or relatively low-cost proprietary software (managed either online or locally and then made available online) to provide a termbase as a resource within a company? We use the memoQ server right now but might need to cut costs and I'm looking for a possible alternative. I need it to be searchable and for company members to be able to access it easily (without needing to register).

Thanks for any suggestions!

I think your best bet is probably EvoTerm (http://www.evoterm.net ), which is around €400 a year, and gets you an online termbase you can share among quite a few people.

Another great choice is to use a DokuWiki, which is free and can be shared among various users, and set to private (or public). It can be installed locally or online. I used to use EvoTerm, but have recently switched to DokuWiki. Have a look: http://www.beijer.wiki

Hope this helps!

Michael

[Edited at 2020-02-29 15:20 GMT]

Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:22
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 2, 2020

Thanks, Michael! I'll have a look at Evoterm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free online resource for providing in-house termbase?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »