Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:34
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 12, 2021

Hi guys,
I've been trying to reach SmartCat#s support since two days no, to no avail. They used to answer within 24 hours a few years ago, but now nothing. The chat is only a bot, always, and emaisl sent to them are not answered. This is such a crappy service I cannot believe it. And it is since quite a while. Constant issues with their software and no solutions ever.

Trados is still too costly for me at this moment, so I have to work with alternatives, but it is frustrating.
... See more
Hi guys,
I've been trying to reach SmartCat#s support since two days no, to no avail. They used to answer within 24 hours a few years ago, but now nothing. The chat is only a bot, always, and emaisl sent to them are not answered. This is such a crappy service I cannot believe it. And it is since quite a while. Constant issues with their software and no solutions ever.

Trados is still too costly for me at this moment, so I have to work with alternatives, but it is frustrating. MateCat is way better and they are helping instantly with issues. But MateCat cannot handle Trados files or packages. I'm really, really frtustrated.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:34
English to Russian
Smartcat support Mar 12, 2021

From my experience, they respond with 1 to 5 days. Did you contact them by email [email protected]?

[Edited at 2021-03
... See more
From my experience, they respond with 1 to 5 days. Did you contact them by email [email protected]?

[Edited at 2021-03-12 17:10 GMT]
Collapse

Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:34
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 12, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

Hi Stepan, yes, of course, I used that email, but what good is a support if it takes 1-5 (!!!) days to answer? Issues have to be solved asap, it is all about deadlines and clients and money in the end. And their support has become worse and worse.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
I agree with you Mar 12, 2021

However, you should keep in mind that Smartcat is a free tool. You want a good thing for free. I appreciate your point, but there is a strong relation between good and costly or free and crappy.
By the way, what was your question? For example, at SDL Community portal, there is a question of how to use memoQ to work with Trados files. It's been several hours with 0 replies. I doubt if SDL experts are going to reply this sort of question at all. Isn't it obvious? They apply a lot of effort
... See more
However, you should keep in mind that Smartcat is a free tool. You want a good thing for free. I appreciate your point, but there is a strong relation between good and costly or free and crappy.
By the way, what was your question? For example, at SDL Community portal, there is a question of how to use memoQ to work with Trados files. It's been several hours with 0 replies. I doubt if SDL experts are going to reply this sort of question at all. Isn't it obvious? They apply a lot of effort to make their product. Not for users to bypass it. Hence their reluctance to reply. Maybe Smartcat Support consider your issue a secondary priority. What is your question?
Collapse

Dan Lucas

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Wild guess Mar 12, 2021

You want to translate Studio package with Smartcat? If so, maybe this can help you: https://www.smartcat.com/blog/support-for-trados-packages-in-smartcat/

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

SmartCat Support - is there any at all?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »