Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:55
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2021

Hi there, its been a week 3 days since I opened Trados, today I was about to start a project, so I went on to add my Translation Memory to the project, only to find that when I try this in the project settings, and clicking "File-based Multiterm" and searching for it on the particular folder on my harddrive.... Trados doesn´t seem to "see" any of the files in the folder.

If I change to "show all files", I can see them, I select the file. And an error pops up...

"Genera
... See more
Hi there, its been a week 3 days since I opened Trados, today I was about to start a project, so I went on to add my Translation Memory to the project, only to find that when I try this in the project settings, and clicking "File-based Multiterm" and searching for it on the particular folder on my harddrive.... Trados doesn´t seem to "see" any of the files in the folder.

If I change to "show all files", I can see them, I select the file. And an error pops up...

"General error occurred Multiterm is unable to retrieve the multimedia object"

Has anyone gone through this?
It´s it solvable?
Do I have to clean install Trados once more?

What could have happened in just a couple of days that this isnt woking.

Oh by the way, if I open the TM directly from Windows File Explorer, it opens fine in Trados. Is just that none can be added to an project...

I´d appreciate any help.
Collapse

Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:55
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Murphy´s law? Mar 13, 2021

2 minutes after I posted this topic, I suddenly could add any TM to the project.

How? No idea, I was posting the topic. When I went back to trados...I just tried it again and voila!

Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:55
Spanish to German
+ ...
Termbanks? Mar 13, 2021

Are you speaking of Translations Memories (Studio) or Termbanks (Multiterm)?
I suppose you mean Termbanks.

I also have problems opening Termbases in Studio and assigning them to projects. This is a relatively new symptom.
I solve it by deleting the TB under project settings, confirm, and later add it again - a bit complicated.

Best,
Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados2017 wont find and add TM to projects

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »