Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 23, 2021

Hello everyone

How does one create additional project templates in Trados? If I go File > Setup > Project Templates, there is the option to edit the Default template, and I can import existing templates, but there is no option to create new templates. I even tried making a copy of an existing template file and importing it under a new name, but it doesn't import the copy.

Thanks
Samuel

Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 10:25
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Check out this help topic Feb 23, 2021

https://docs.sdl.com/813470/555680/sdl-trados-studio-2021-sr1/managing-project-templates

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:25
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You can create a project template from an existing project Feb 23, 2021

Right click a project in your projects list and choose "Create Project Template" from the drop-down list.

Or, when you create a project from the default project, in the last step you have an option to save the project as a template.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create project templates

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »