Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:11
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 10, 2020

It happened this week. I was translating a 20000 words file and had 50 % done. One moment I must have pressed a wrong key combination instead of go to next untranslated segment. This would not work anymore and in the files menu I saw suddenly I had translated 90 % already. So the software had turned the status of the rest of the file into 'translated'.
I wonder if there is such a command, that by pressing one key combination all is made translated. Such a command should not be possible, if
... See more
It happened this week. I was translating a 20000 words file and had 50 % done. One moment I must have pressed a wrong key combination instead of go to next untranslated segment. This would not work anymore and in the files menu I saw suddenly I had translated 90 % already. So the software had turned the status of the rest of the file into 'translated'.
I wonder if there is such a command, that by pressing one key combination all is made translated. Such a command should not be possible, if I knew what it was I would take this command off.
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:11
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Undo Dec 10, 2020

Dear Heinrich,

I don't know of such a function exists (although that doesn't mean much), but if it does, I could definitely see use cases for me ...

Anyway, shouldn't a simple undo (CTRL+Z) solve your problem?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:11
English to Russian
I have seen the description of this issue million times Dec 10, 2020

but never heard of any solution. Even though it keeps happening from the early years of Studio: https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/237610-all_empty_segments_became_confirmed.html

This happens when you select segments backwards. For example, you have just translated segment 87. If you press Shift anywhere in segment 87, t
... See more
but never heard of any solution. Even though it keeps happening from the early years of Studio: https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/237610-all_empty_segments_became_confirmed.html

This happens when you select segments backwards. For example, you have just translated segment 87. If you press Shift anywhere in segment 87, then click anywhere in segment 86 or 85 or ... 1,
and then press Ctrl+Enter, you get this bug. Just avoid selecting multiple segments backwards.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:11
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the explanation Dec 10, 2020

Stepan Konev wrote:

This happens when you select segments backwards. For example, you have just translated segment 87. If you press Shift anywhere in segment 87, then click anywhere in segment 86 or 85 or ... 1,
and then press Ctrl+Enter, you get this bug. Just avoid selecting multiple segments backwards.

Must be careful. I made it worse by saving the file with the false status. Should/could have pressed Undo.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dangerous key-combination

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »