Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
ProZ.com Mobile now available on iOS
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Sep 30, 2016

Dear members,

I'm happy to announce that ProZ.com Mobile, an application developed for use on mobile devices and released on Android in June, is now available on iOS (iPhone, iPod touch or iPad).

The app, which has been developed based on user feedback, is now in Beta stage and free of charge to ProZ.com members.

This is what you can do via ProZ.com Mobile (so far!):

• Browse jobs, submit quotes.
  • Keep track of your job quotes, post, see and reply to quote notes.
  • Search the Blue Board.
  • Search for translated terms and phrases through Term Search.
  • Browse, answer, ask and grade KudoZ questions.
  • Browse forums, open new threads and reply to posts.
  • Answer daily quick polls.
  • See what others are working on and share projects you are working on.
  • Set your availability in real time.

Download the app for iOS today through the App Store in your device or via iTunes (or it's Android version), login using your existing ProZ.com account and continue getting the most out of ProZ.com anytime, anywhere.

Mobile notifications for jobs and other services will be integrated into both apps soon. Stay tuned!

For specific app feedback, including bug and issue reports, please use the corresponding feedback form:

To rate apps, visit the corresponding Android and iOS store listings.

To be notified of future mobile-related news and announcements, make sure you subscribe to mobile-related e-mail notifications.

To report device and OS type information in your profile, visit the contact section of your Profile Updater. This information is used by site staff to evaluate mobile user needs and work on tools and opportunities designed exclusively for such devices and operating systems.

Once again, thanks to all members for making ProZ.com Mobile possible with your membership investment.

Happy International Translation Day!

Lu

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 18:39
Crashes when using What am I working on? Oct 1, 2016

I've just downloaded the app on my last generation iPad. Whenever I try to write what I'm working on, the app crashes. During that, iOS informs me that the app wants to use my location. However, I don't see the app listed in the Settings of my iPad.

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Feedback form does not display Oct 1, 2016

It returns a 404 error.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks CafeTran Training Oct 1, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

I've just downloaded the app on my last generation iPad. Whenever I try to write what I'm working on, the app crashes. During that, iOS informs me that the app wants to use my location. However, I don't see the app listed in the Settings of my iPad.

What's your iPad's operating system version? I'll ask app developers to test the issue and fix it. Thanks!

Lu

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Erwin! Oct 1, 2016

Erwin van Wouw wrote:

It returns a 404 error.

You mean from the app, Erwin?

Try with the links on my opening post in the meantime and let me know if it works. Thanks in advance!

Lu

abdelazizma
abdelazizma
Kenya
English to Somali
+ ...
Great application Oct 1, 2016

Thanks for this wonderful application. I downloaded it few hours ago and it looks great. I just wanted to highlight couple of issues that I think would be more helpful. First, the text is a bit dim and less visible; I think a better match of the font color/type and the background could make the app more great. Second, an inclusion of an option that allow increasing/decreasing text size could be an extra bonus. Otherwise, this is a good job that is long overdue!

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
The latest Oct 1, 2016

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

CafeTran Training wrote:

What's your iPad's operating system version? I'll ask app developers to test the issue and fix it. Thanks!

Lu

The latest version

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:39
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Designed for iPhone, not iPad? Oct 2, 2016

I could only find this in the App Store if I searched for iPhone apps, not iPad apps. I downloaded it, and it is indeed an iPhone design. It just displays larger on my iPad, but doesn't take advantage of the larger screen and it does not turn horizontal. I don't find it user friendly at all. If this is it, and there is no iPad friendly version, then I will keep using Safari and just browse the regular ProZ.com website.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:39
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Me too but Oct 2, 2016

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

.......I will keep using Safari and just browse the regular ProZ.com website.

Me too. I downloaded the app to my iPhone, tried it, and concluded that it doesn't conveniently do anything I would ever need. I'm going to delete it. I will be interested to read posts from others who may find it useful, and why.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, abdelazizma! Oct 3, 2016

abdelazizma wrote:

Thanks for this wonderful application. I downloaded it few hours ago and it looks great. I just wanted to highlight couple of issues that I think would be more helpful. First, the text is a bit dim and less visible; I think a better match of the font color/type and the background could make the app more great. Second, an inclusion of an option that allow increasing/decreasing text size could be an extra bonus. Otherwise, this is a good job that is long overdue!

I'm glad that you like the app and I appreciate you taking the time to suggest ways to improve it. I agree in that the font color and the background could be improved, and that an increasing/decreasing text size option would make the app even better. I'll see what we can do for upcoming updates.

Thanks again!

Lu

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks CafeTran Training Oct 3, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

CafeTran Training wrote:

Lu

The latest version

App developers will check this.

Lu

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ.com Mobile for iOS is in beta stage Oct 3, 2016

I could only find this in the App Store if I searched for iPhone apps, not iPad apps. I downloaded it, and it is indeed an iPhone design. It just displays larger on my iPad, but doesn't take advantage of the larger screen and it does not turn horizontal. I don't find it user friendly at all. If this is it, and there is no iPad friendly version, then I will keep using Safari and just browse the regular ProZ.com website.

Tom in London wrote:

.......I will keep using Safari and just browse the regular ProZ.com website.

Me too. I downloaded the app to my iPhone, tried it, and concluded that it doesn't conveniently do anything I would ever need. I'm going to delete it. I will be interested to read posts from others who may find it useful, and why.

As the initial post states, the app is now in beta stage. For those who are not familiar with software and app development terminology, 'beta stage' or 'beta testing' means running a pilot-test before a final or commercial release. So, an app in beta-testing phase is an app that may still have some minor issues, and so it is released for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.

As for feedback on the app itself, I would appreciate it if you used the corresponding feedback forms as requested earlier. This makes it easier for me and app developers to follow-up on issues reported, test them and fix them under different conditions (device type, OS version, specific screen displayed or error received, etc.)

Thanks again everyone for your support and for your comments!

Lu

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:39
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sure, used the feedback form Oct 4, 2016

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

As the initial post states, the app is now in beta stage. For those who are not familiar with software and app development terminology, 'beta stage' or 'beta testing' means running a pilot-test before a final or commercial release. So, an app in beta-testing phase is an app that may still have some minor issues, and so it is released for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.

I am very familiar with software development terminology.
The design problem I was talking about is not a minor issue, a remaining flaw. It is the fundamental approach, that is flawed, because the current design only a good fit for a phone screen (small, vertical screen). Unless, of course, if there is a separate app for iPad that I missed in the App Store. But since you did not say that, I assume the one I tried is indeed "the one and only".

As for feedback on the app itself, I would appreciate it if you used the corresponding feedback forms as requested earlier.

Thank you for the reminder. Interestingly, you accepted feedback and engaged in discussing them here (see above).
Anyway, I used the feedback form as you requested.
Katalin

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Katalin Oct 4, 2016

Feedback received.

Lu

Dina Mardiana
Dina Mardiana
France
Member (2009)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Doesn’t exist in France? Feb 29, 2020

Hello, I’ve just joined back the membership & would like to download the apps on my IPhone. Apparently it shows on the search result this apps doesn’t exist in the country where I live now (France) ☹️. Any solution ?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Mobile now available on iOS

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »