I am suddenly no longer able to block/filter ads on this site
Thread poster: writeaway
writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Sep 11, 2018

I use Adblocker that up to now has been fine for blocking those huge Proz ads at the top of the homepage and the smaller ads on other pages.
When I tried to block the latest ad, either partially or entirely, it ended up filtering out the entire page, not just the ads. And blocking the smaller ad on other pages also whitens out the entire home page.
Is this an AdBlock malfunction or has Proz introduced an anti-ad-blocking device of some sort? As in block the blocker.
Can anyon
... See more
I use Adblocker that up to now has been fine for blocking those huge Proz ads at the top of the homepage and the smaller ads on other pages.
When I tried to block the latest ad, either partially or entirely, it ended up filtering out the entire page, not just the ads. And blocking the smaller ad on other pages also whitens out the entire home page.
Is this an AdBlock malfunction or has Proz introduced an anti-ad-blocking device of some sort? As in block the blocker.
Can anyone recommend an ad-blocking download other than AdBlocker (for Chrome). Is anyone else having trouble blocking ads on Proz?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:35
English to Italian
Adblock Plus Sep 11, 2018

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en

writeaway

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grazie mille Sep 11, 2018

As it turned out, I didn't have Adblock, I had AdGuard or something like that. Thanks a lot Mirko-ABP has solved my problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am suddenly no longer able to block/filter ads on this site

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »