For how long should I wait till my technical issue is addressed?!
Thread poster: Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:12
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 8, 2018

Dear Proz technicians,

I do not know whether you will respond to my topic or not. I have filed several support requests regarding repairing my undeveloped technical issue in both my profile (WWA) and in my WWA statistics.

https://www.proz.com/ticket/570839

You told me that you have marked my support request as pending while my reported issue is waiting to be appli
... See more
Dear Proz technicians,

I do not know whether you will respond to my topic or not. I have filed several support requests regarding repairing my undeveloped technical issue in both my profile (WWA) and in my WWA statistics.

You told me that you have marked my support request as pending while my reported issue is waiting to be applied in the development factory.

I need to know when will you apply all the required developments?

Is this a difficult requirement?
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 14:12
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What is the issue? Jul 10, 2018

Morano El-Kholy wrote:

Dear Proz technicians,

You told me that you have marked my support request as pending while my reported issue is waiting to be applied in the development factory.

I need to know when will you apply all the required developments?

Is this a difficult requirement?

Hi Morano El-Kholy,

I'm also waiting a few tickets of mine to be answered and issues to be solved.
What is the problem with your WWA?

Bests,
Katalin

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
That's how it works Jul 10, 2018

Morano El-Kholy wrote:

Some providers (although certainly NOT ProZ!) mark issues as pending forever, hoping that user forgets about it or gives up.

[Edited at 2018-07-10 13:57 GMT]

Morano El-Kholy
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you dear Katalin. Jul 10, 2018

Dear Katalin,

Katalin wrote:

Hi Morano El-Kholy,

1- You can see in my WWA two figures/numbers. They should be merged to visualize my actual scored number regarding "my Willing to Work Again Cli
... See more
Dear Katalin,

Katalin wrote:

Hi Morano El-Kholy,

1- You can see in my WWA two figures/numbers. They should be merged to visualize my actual scored number regarding "my Willing to Work Again Clients."

There appears: number: (49) and number: (3)

They should be just: 52

https://www.proz.com/translator/1209749

2- Accordingly, my WWA statistics are not placed in the right order.

https://www.proz.com/?sp=wwa&sp_mode=stats

This status does not reflect my actual ascending order which has its direct passive effect on me since the client searches according to the order set in this statistics especially as we are totally unknown vendors to him.

Thank you deeply for your concern. I really appreciate it.

I hope that Proz can exert more real effort to handle our both issues in a prompt manner.
Collapse

Morano El-Kholy
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you dear Daniel. Jul 10, 2018

Daniel wrote:

Some providers (although certainly NOT ProZ!) mark issues as pending forever, hoping that user forgets about it or gives up.

I hope that this is not the case here!

I am really upset and sad. You know how it is not always an easy matter to gain t
... See more
Daniel wrote:

I hope that this is not the case here!

I am really upset and sad. You know how it is not always an easy matter to gain those feedbacks from our busy clients.

The worst matter is that the support team refrains from specifying a well-known time limit through which this

case should be solved forever.

Thank you greatly for your concern. Really appreciate it.
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
If I open your profile it looks fine to me Jul 10, 2018

Morano El-Kholy wrote:

1- You can see in my WWA two figures/numbers. They should be merged to visualize my actual scored number regarding "my Willing to Work Again Clients."

I think this is the same for everybody's profiles. For example I have 12 positive reviews and 1 rating and it doesn't show 13. It shows 12 + 1. This is because proz implemented the rating option. So called "ratings" and "positive reviews" are not the same, some outsourcers decide to give ratings instead of positive reviews.
So proz shows these reviews differently. But take a look at other translators' profiles. They also have this in their WWAs.

Morano El-Kholy wrote:

This status does not reflect my actual ascending order which has its direct passive effect on me since the client searches according to the order set in this statistics especially as we are totally unknown vendors to him.

As I see your reviews start with the newest review (Jun 13, 2018) and goes down to the oldest (May 02, 2011).
On the left side you can see the reviews where outsourcers did not only send a review but also wrote a comment about you, on the right side you can see the reviews where outsourcers sent you a review but they didn't add a comment. At least this is what I see.
If you see something different then make a printscreen and post it here.

Bests,
Katalin

[Edited at 2018-07-10 21:46 GMT]

Morano El-Kholy
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, you are right but.... Jul 10, 2018

I agree with you regarding the first part of your comment. Maybe I am still sticking to the old version of Proz.

But as to your last approach concerning my statistics: I mean the statistics page on Proz:

I do not mean only my WWA on my Profile page on Proz but my status in another page/link on Proz which is equall
... See more
I agree with you regarding the first part of your comment. Maybe I am still sticking to the old version of Proz.

But as to your last approach concerning my statistics: I mean the statistics page on Proz:

I do not mean only my WWA on my Profile page on Proz but my status in another page/link on Proz which is equally important in its great effect.
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Actually you are right on the first one Jul 10, 2018

Morano El-Kholy wrote:

I never checked this before.

On my profile it shows: 12 positive reviews and 1 rating (5.00 avg. rating)
But if I open my feedback card there I can see 13 reviews.

The same applies for your profile: 49 positive reviews and 3 ratings (5.00 avg. rating)
But if I open your feedback card these are summed: 52 reviews.

So in the profile reviews are not summed.

Bests,
Katalin

Morano El-Kholy
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again. Jul 10, 2018

Thank you Katalin,

Please, check this link:

Kind regards.

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thank you for showing me this link Jul 10, 2018

Morano El-Kholy wrote:

I do not mean only my WWA on my Profile page on Proz but my status in another page/link on Proz which is equally important in its great effect.

Actually thank you for showing this to me. I have never seen this page before.
Now I see my rating and review are not updated there either. My reviews are stuck at 11. It should be 13.
Yes, I see yours is 49. Yours should be 52.
Write a reply under your previously sent support ticket that they should update your WWAs here: https://www.proz.com/?sp=wwa&sp_mode=stats.

I'll do the same.

Bests,
Katalin

[Edited at 2018-07-10 22:10 GMT]

Morano El-Kholy
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
O.K. Jul 10, 2018

Yes, I will do!

Thank you, Katalin.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:12
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
This is why it is the way it is Jul 11, 2018

I think the "Qualified entries received" on that Stats page (https://www.proz.com/?sp=wwa&sp_mode=stats) shows only the "Identified" WWA "reviews". It does not include the star "Ratings", and does not include any WWA review that is "unidentified", meaning it is from a person or entity that is not a ProZ member, not on the BB or ProZ.com could not identify in any other way. I think excluding re... See more
I think the "Qualified entries received" on that Stats page (https://www.proz.com/?sp=wwa&sp_mode=stats) shows only the "Identified" WWA "reviews". It does not include the star "Ratings", and does not include any WWA review that is "unidentified", meaning it is from a person or entity that is not a ProZ member, not on the BB or ProZ.com could not identify in any other way. I think excluding reviews by unidentifiable sources is justified: it prevents abuse.

So, Morano, it seems you have 49 WWA reviews (all identified, congrats, by the way), and 3 ratings. The 3 ratings are not included in the Stats, so you should have 49 showing up on that statistics page. Which is what you have there, so it is correct.

I think the fact that ProZ is not adding up the number of reviews and the number of ratings for ranking purposes is actually a good thing. The reason for that lies in the difference between these two kinds of feedback.
WWA reviews can only be positive. The client can only submit a positive (Yes) review. If they are not willing to work with you again, their only choice is not to submit the review.
On the other hand, the WWA ratings (which are a fairly new feature) can be from 1-5 stars, where the lower number of stars mean a negative feedback. The clients can also add a comment where they can express why they were dissatisfied with the translator.
So, since the ratings are not a simple "yes" answers like the reviews, they cannot, and IMHO should not be simply summed up with the WWA reviews.
Imagine that ProZ did add their counts. You would have 52 (49+3). What if, there is another translator who collected 5 reviews, and 49 ratings, and the ratings are mostly 1 and 2 stars. If the counts were simply added up, this person would have a total of 54, and would be ranked higher than you. Would you really want that?

Perhaps the solution would be where ratings are added to the number of reviews only if they are 4 or 5 stars (which are generally considered positive), and maybe this is something that the developers are working on, or put on the development list. In which case, it may take a long time.
But to be honest, I don't think many people use that particular statistics page. If they look for translators, they would use the directory.
Collapse

Morano El-Kholy
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, dear Katalin. Jul 11, 2018

Dear Katalin,

Thanks for this detailed and accurate analysis. Actually, I was very upset and annoyed about this issue.

But, your explanation is very logical and convincing. I really appreciate it.

Yes, now I understood. This may be the case. I am so relieved.

Best regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For how long should I wait till my technical issue is addressed?!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »