Team Start version: Have a question
Thread poster: Joel Earnest
Joel Earnest
Joel Earnest
Sweden
Sep 22, 2019

Software: Latest version of Memsource Team Start as of 190922

After twenty+ years with Trados, I'm jumping ship. I'm running a Team Start trial version now and it seems to be pretty straightforward. I do have one question though:
For a one-translator operation, is there any point in creating a Linguist role? I'm thinking that it's enough with the Administrator role.

Joel Earnest
Joel Earnest
Sweden
TOPIC STARTER
Now I know Sep 25, 2019

There is no need to create a Linguist role, since the Administrator role also includes the Linguist role, even if this is not obvious at first glance.
In practice, this means that when it's time to select the linguist for a project, the Administrator is also listed as a linguist. Easy-peasy.
By the way, I'm only six days into my 30-day, Team Start trial period, but I've already decided to take out a subscription.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Team Start version: Have a question

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »