Jorge de Jesús Cárdenas González
Jorge de Jesús Cárdenas González
Mexico
Local time: 18:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2018

Hello, community.

I'm about to translate an entry blog post, and the client wants the image to be translated as well.

Months ago I used the trial version of MemoQ for college, and it was kind of easy to translate images, tables, etc., without losing the format. So I'm looking for a similar tool. Right now I'm using Wordfast Anywhere because I can't afford a license for Trados or MemoQ, but I don't like the final results on the image.

Any advice?

... See more
Hello, community.

I'm about to translate an entry blog post, and the client wants the image to be translated as well.

Months ago I used the trial version of MemoQ for college, and it was kind of easy to translate images, tables, etc., without losing the format. So I'm looking for a similar tool. Right now I'm using Wordfast Anywhere because I can't afford a license for Trados or MemoQ, but I don't like the final results on the image.

Any advice?

Thank you!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:42
English to Russian
Page-making is not a translator’s job Dec 3, 2018

Build a 2-column table with source language on the left and target on the right. Let your client do non-translation work themselves. Most probably they would be happy if you also do the work of a janitor along with your translation. Is it that difficult for you to clean their rooms?
Translators translate.

Ankita Arora
Ankita Arora
India
Try this tool imgtranslate.com Dec 26, 2018

@Jorge you can try out https://imgtranslate.com.
It's an easy tool to translate images in place. Without having to extract the text manually.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
- Dec 26, 2018

-

[Edited at 2018-12-26 10:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: A tool to edit/translate image

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »