Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:48
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2021

Hi,

It looks like I have been receiving notifications for only 50% or less of the questions asked in my language pairs. If I click on Terminology -> Answer questions, I see there's a lot of questions I haven't been notified about. I checked my settings, and all is looking good, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any ideas?

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Ciao Marina Feb 19, 2021

I received every single one and they were too distracting for me, so I unsubscribed immediately... If you don't get them all, you can try clicking on "Subscribe to saved search" in the Kudoz page, and then use rss readers to track changes on that page.
Or maybe contact support.

Marina Taffetani
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ciao Elena Feb 19, 2021

Oh yes, they are distracting, but I think answering at least a few questions might help be regarded as a competent professional and maybe in time lead to gaining more clients. Wishful thinking, maybe. Most of the times, when I get to even see the question, 2 or 3 people have already replied anyway. This makes me wonder where these people find the time, but that's another story.

I tried doing as you suggest, but I got an error message. I believe I'll write to support, after al
... See more
Oh yes, they are distracting, but I think answering at least a few questions might help be regarded as a competent professional and maybe in time lead to gaining more clients. Wishful thinking, maybe. Most of the times, when I get to even see the question, 2 or 3 people have already replied anyway. This makes me wonder where these people find the time, but that's another story.

I tried doing as you suggest, but I got an error message. I believe I'll write to support, after all. Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Probably not an error Feb 19, 2021

When you hit "Subscribe to saved search" you will end up in a page that looks like an error, but you can use the link of that page to track your Kudoz with RSS readers. Even if you get the staff to fix this notification issue, you can still use an RSS reader to get notified ASAP.
You're right, they are helpful. Good luck!

Marina Taffetani

Marina Taffetani
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ooops! Feb 19, 2021

You're right, of course! I haven't used an RSS reader in ages, I guess I forgot everything about how they work.

Again, thanks for your help

Elena Feriani

Caroline Varella Gonsioroski
Ireland
Local time: 09:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Notifications stopped altogether Mar 2, 2021

Hi Marina,

I am experiencing the same problem, not only Kudoz notifications but also job postings. The notifications stopped altogether. On my settings the notifications are on, as they always have been. I checked there many times. I agree that they can be a little overwhelming sometimes, but it is difficult to keep track of my activities here without them. So I end up not using the website that much.

I sent an email to Proz support, when they get back to me I will let
... See more
Hi Marina,

I am experiencing the same problem, not only Kudoz notifications but also job postings. The notifications stopped altogether. On my settings the notifications are on, as they always have been. I checked there many times. I agree that they can be a little overwhelming sometimes, but it is difficult to keep track of my activities here without them. So I end up not using the website that much.

I sent an email to Proz support, when they get back to me I will let you know

[Edited at 2021-03-02 09:04 GMT]
Collapse

Marina Taffetani
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Caroline Mar 2, 2021

Thanks for your reply. KudoZ notifications came back to normal for me shortly after posting here, so I guess it must have been a temporary glitch. I hope support will be able to help you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz notifications

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »