How to paste a screenshot in this forum?
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 15:55
Mar 15, 2017

I would appreciate any help,

thank you

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:55
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Prt sc Key and HTML Mar 15, 2017

Press Print Screen Key on the keyboard. Save and edit it in any graphic editor of your choice. Use "Drop images here" feature of the forum to upload your screenshot. Copy and paste the HTML code into the message body of the topic. It will be there.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
It's really easy – thanks Kevin! Mar 15, 2017

Lenart wrote:

I would appreciate any help,

thank you

We've been requesting this for years, and now it's there!

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 18.18.08

Click on Choose Files or drag your screenshot into the dash-lined area:

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 18.18.16

Note that you have to copy the link to your clipboard, in order to paste it into your posting:

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 18.18.33

Happy posting!

Lenart
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
I dont have "Drop images here" feature Mar 15, 2017

thank you for your prompt reply, but

unfortunately I don't have/find "Drop images here" feature

Just in case I tried to search "Drop images here" with ctr+find but dint find it that way nether

Do you have any idea why it doesn't appear on my screen? maybe I don't have all the rights or something like that?

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Can't find it? Mar 15, 2017

Andriy Yasharov wrote:

Press Print Screen Key on the keyboard. Save and edit it in any graphic editor of your choice. Use "Drop images here" feature of the forum to upload your screenshot. Copy and paste the HTML code into the message body of the topic. It will be there.

Where is the "drop images here" feature supposed to be? I don't see it anywhere...

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:55
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Right here. See my screenshot Mar 15, 2017

Lori Cirefice wrote:

Where is the "drop images here" feature supposed to be? I don't see it anywhere...

This is my screenshot of the reply

Lenart
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
upload images box missing Mar 15, 2017

thank you for the screenshot.

It explains the problem.

I don't have an „upload images“ window.

Anybody has a solution or an explanation why its not there?

I don't know if it is regional problem, but I noticed that Lori, who seems to have the same problem, is coming from France, which is next to Luxembourg, where I live.

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Same problem here, also in France (on conventional browser, NOT mobile) Mar 15, 2017

I think there is a simpler way.

Using the Windows 'Capture' tool (in 'Windows accessories'), just select the part of the screen you wish to show, then use the 'save as' command to save it to a place you can find it (e.g. your desktop)

The use 'upload images and 'Browse' to go and find it.

However, I've just noticed I DO have the 'drop images here' option too... how odd, I hadn't noticed that before.

Lenart
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
The problem is that there is no "upload imagaes" or "drop imagaes“ on my screen Mar 15, 2017

The problem is that there is no "upload imagaes" or "drop imagaes“ on my screen

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:55
German to English
+ ...
Paying members only Mar 15, 2017

I seem to recall being informed that this feature is only available to paying members. Unfortunately I can't find the relevant link - perhaps site staff could confirm?

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Paying members only? Mar 15, 2017

Alison MacG wrote:

I seem to recall being informed that this feature is only available to paying members.

I wondered about that myself; but almost everywhere else on the site, it makes a point of saying "member-only feature" — after all, it's part of a marketing ploy, isn't it, to let others know what they're missing?

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
If it is for paying members only... Mar 15, 2017

In any case, Lenart, if this IS a feature for paying members only, and if you don't happen to be a paying member, then there is of course another, more long winded way of doing it, which we've all had to make do with up till now.

First, find yourself any 'image hosting website' — this can be things like Flickr, imgur, etc. or even your own webpage, for example.

Upload your image to this space, and copy the resulting URL.

Then paste that URL into the ProZ.
... See more
In any case, Lenart, if this IS a feature for paying members only, and if you don't happen to be a paying member, then there is of course another, more long winded way of doing it, which we've all had to make do with up till now.

First, find yourself any 'image hosting website' — this can be things like Flickr, imgur, etc. or even your own webpage, for example.

Upload your image to this space, and copy the resulting URL.

Then paste that URL into the ProZ.com (or other!)forum where you want people to be able to access you image; they won't be able to see it directly, but by clicking on the link, they will be able to go and consult it. It's a bodge, but it's better than nothing
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
paying members only Mar 16, 2017

That explains it... I definitely don't have the "drop images" feature here - so I can't post a screenshot to show you

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:55
German to English
+ ...
Found the link Mar 16, 2017

Just to confirm

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

CafeTran Training wrote:

Hi Kevin, my CafeTran Training account has changed from paid to free. I find that I now cannot longer upload images to postings. Is this by design?

Than's correct, CafeTran Training. As Kevin states on http://www.proz.com/topic/304340 , forum image uploading is a feature for members.

Lucia

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/305038-new_image_upload_stretches_images_in_new_mobile_prozcom_design.html#2606753

Lenart
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
ok at least we have an answer to it Mar 16, 2017

Thank you for all replays and proposed alternative solution!:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to paste a screenshot in this forum?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »