Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What is going on with auto prediction programs?
Thread poster: LilianNekipelov
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:02
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Or even Aug 28, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:
I suggest you find out how to disable this "auto-prediction" feature in whatever program you're using, and perhaps try to find out if there are other auto-prediction apps available for it.

Or even find alternative browsers etc. I'm sure there are ways around the problem even with a Mac setup.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 10:02
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Yep Aug 28, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:
The way you describe it makes me think that you're actually using an auto-correction app.

And you'll have to disable it system-wide under OS X in  | System Preferences | Keyboard | Text | Correct spelling automagically.

OS X offers AutoComplete, but you'll have to trigger it yourself by hitting a key - Escape, I think but I never use it. iOS is different, you'll have to disable it in General | Settings somewhere.

Cheers,

Hans

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:02
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I cannot use another browser, for certain reasons, and why would I Aug 28, 2016

as this is a legitimate browser. I cannot find any disabling options in the new Safari, in the preferences section. Plus, why would such a nonsensical system exist at all, one which cannot predict the simplest things? Who is paying for it? Such a waste of time, money and human effort.

Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 05:02
Slovak to English
Maybe this will help Aug 28, 2016

A google of this topic produced this:

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-disable-autocorrect-in-os-x/

Good luck. Roni

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:02
English to Italian
Same Aug 28, 2016

englishpartner wrote:

A google of this topic produced this:

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-disable-autocorrect-in-os-x/

Good luck. Roni

I was going to post this: http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/turn-autocorrect-osx-mac-mail-skype-10-9-mavericks/

Hope it works!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is going on with auto prediction programs?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »