Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Jul 23, 2018

So we have now:

Untitled

Guess what my client asks me to do:

Make sure that the translations in column C no not exceed the source in A with more than 2 characters.

Afraid to ask for (yet) another length check option.

Edit: It looks like this relative length check works in both directions. Is this useful? (Personally I'm only interested in targets that are longer than their sources.)

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 12.58.39

[Edited at 2018-07-23 11:00 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:08
English to Russian
Promo exchange available? Jul 26, 2018

Hans,
Sorry for off-topic here, but do you, by any chance, know if they have a promotional offer like Surrender-Your-Third-Party-License-and-Get-CafeTran-License-for-Free?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Sweet surrender Jul 26, 2018

Hello Stepan,

Tempted or joking?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:08
English to Russian
yesno Jul 26, 2018

Hi Jean,

After today's release of another major CAT tool, I am pretty serious. However I understand that software licences are not a pack of cigarettes that can be easily exchanged form a cigarette promo model. So I just have to turn it into a joke.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Jokes are always welcome here Jul 26, 2018

Stepan Konev wrote:

Hi Jean,

After today's release of another major CAT tool, I am pretty serious. However I understand that software licences are not a pack of cigarettes that can be easily exchanged form a cigarette promo model. So I just have to turn it into a joke.

CafeTran Espresso 2018 is seriously good, that's why it is such fun to use it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Additional length check option

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »