Thread poster: Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:30
German to English
+ ...
Aug 22, 2017

Dear colleagues, maybe you know how to block all IP addresses from a particular country from seeing my ProZ profile? This does not pertain to baidu.com. I have a fixed IP address, if it matters.

[Edited at 2017-08-22 09:02 GMT]

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:30
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is not possible to block an IP address from seeing your profile Aug 22, 2017

Dear Maija,

I'm afraid it is not possible to block an IP address from seeing your profile. You can, however, block users using specific email addresses and IP addresses from contacting you through your profile. You can do this by going to the "Settings" tab on your profile, and then goi
... See more
Dear Maija,

I'm afraid it is not possible to block an IP address from seeing your profile. You can, however, block users using specific email addresses and IP addresses from contacting you through your profile. You can do this by going to the "Settings" tab on your profile, and then going to "Email preferences", http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=ef

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Aug 22, 2017

but my purpose is to prevent seeing my profile not contacting me. I filter all relevant IP addresses, subnets and nets in my profile but this is possible only after my profile has been visited.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

[Edited at 2017-08-22 16:18 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:30
English to Italian
Possible? Aug 22, 2017

Alejandro Cavalitto wrote:

I'm afraid it is not possible to block an IP address from seeing your profile.

But it could be implemented on your end, right? (i.e. blocking specific IPs/IP ranges from seeing specific folders/files e.g. http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/324066/how-to-restrict-site-access-by-ip-address-or-domain-name )

Maija Cirule wrote:

I filter all relevant IP adresses, subnets and nets in my profile but this is possible only after my profile has been visited.

I'm afraid that doesn't limit the visibility of your profile for the filtered IPs/IP ranges, but just doesn't make the visits from those IPs appear under your Visitors tab.

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wow Aug 22, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

I filter all relevant IP adresses, subnets and nets in my profile but this is possible only after my profile has been visited.

I'm afraid that doesn't limit the visibility of your profile for the filtered IPs/IP ranges, but just doesn't make the visits from those IPs appear under your Visitors tab.

Mirko, you have shocked me. I was sure that I have blocked the addresses from seeing my profile. [Edited at 2017-08-22 16:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-08-23 04:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to block

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »